May 2009, AUSTIN, Texas – 9STAR RESEARCH announced their flagship software product ActiveShareFS 2007 has been selected by Texas A&M University as the open standards Single Sign-On (SSO) solution for their Campus SharePoint 2007 platform.
ActiveShareFS 2007 (or ActiveShare Federation Service 2007 or ASFS 2007) is a software drop-in solution for enabling secure single sign-on in Microsoft SharePoint 2007 server using open standards such as SAML. SAML is the Security Assertion Markup Language.
ActiveShareFS 2007 enables secure external authentication in SharePoint 2007 using Shibboleth and SAML standards and automatically provisions users from trusted external partner institutions based on configured business rules. As a result, only trusted users from trusted partner organizations are provisioned and given appropriate level of access to secure parts of the SharePoint sites.
Texas A&M uses ActiveShareFS 2007 to help reduce helpdesk and SharePoint administration costs involved in creating and managing SharePoint external user accounts manually. SharePoint administrators no longer have to manage external user credentials and passwords, which helps streamline their cost and potential liabilities. ActiveShareFS 2007 automates and streamlines this process entirely.
ActiveShareFS 2007 is a Microsoft ASP.NET compliant drop-in software solution for enabling single sign-on and automated account provisioning in existing Microsoft SharePoint 2007 server.
ActiveShareFS 2007 is widely deployed in higher education, government, healthcare, energy and commercial markets today thereby helping customers achieve maximum returns on their Microsoft SharePoint 2007 investments.
Key Features & Benefits
- Provision users automatically in SharePoint 2007 based on business rules
- Role, Username and Entitlement based access management
- Map allowed users to SharePoint Groups automatically
- Configure external SAML Identity Provider for secure external authentication
- Use Shibboleth as external authentication provider
- Automatic synchronization of external user information with their SharePoint profiles
- Supports Microsoft Office Client integration and WebDAV
- Open standards solution: SAML 2 and SAML 1.1