Learn Why World’s Top Businesses, Universities, Colleges and Public Sector Organizations Have Already Adopted Shibboleth SSO IT Security.
- Shibboleth is the most widely-deployed, open source and open standards SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) IT security middleware.
- Shibboleth has been around for over 15+ years, and was originally developed by the United Stated National Science Foundation and Internet2.
- Shibboleth plugs into existing identity management and authentication systems such as Active Directory, CAS, LDAP, SQL, NTLM, Kerberos, SPNEGO, and others. This lowers the barriers to adoption.
- Shibboleth provides login access security for applications (Service Provider or SP) as well as passwords (Identity Provider). One login password for each user gives the user access to all apps without sharing user credentials with the apps (or the app vendors).
- Shibboleth inter-operates with popular SSO middleware such as Microsoft ADFS and CAS. So customers are able to depoly end-2-end federated SSO that works across all enterprise Apps.
- Shibboleth is most robust PKI trust based security middleware. It has been tested for more than 15+ years by organizations and communities around the world. It is not a black box technology that is dependent on any one vendor.
- Shibboleth is the most complete SAML SSO security middleware and inter-operates with thousands of enterprise and campus applications.
- Shibboleth does not require any user-training or installation of any software on user’s desktop. One Shibboleth is deployed, everything works as before except users input their passwords only once while accessing different applications. So great UX for end-users.
- Shibboleth is widely adopted in markets such as Public Sector, Telecom, Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12, Finance, Insurance, Automotive, Retail, E-Commerce, and others.
- Shibboleth has been commercially supported by 9STAR for over 15+ years. 9STAR provides fixed cost, enterprise-grade, commercial solutions, support and services to Shibboleth customers worldwide.
Here is how a leading CIO at a major University recently summed up why Higher-Education and Public Sector IT Departments should adopt Shibboleth over any other alternative?
NO commercial (non-Shibboleth) product supports EDU identity federation frameworks. I know some campuses that have walked away from the Ellucian and other competitive products because, while they support SAML, they do NOT support SAML as used with the worldwide higher education community. With fifteen years of experience with SAML, the Higher Ed community has developed a set of “deployable practices” that go beyond the basic protocol and significantly simplify the process of managing the use of SAML.