9STAR is a leading enterprise IT infrastructure security software company. The company specializes in next generation enterprise security and access management software solutions. With a fast growing global customer base, the company is poised for rapid growth with its widely adopted Elastic SSO software solutions in the Higher-Ed, Non-profit, Telecom, Healthcare, Retail and Financial services sectors.
Job Title DevOps Software Engineer
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Software Engineer (PT or FT) to join our small but growing team of leading innovators in the field of cloud security and access.
If you are a fresh college graduate with B.S. or M.S., or Ph.D. degree, and are passionate about working with world-class Technology experts in a creative, learning and growing environment, then we encourage you to apply. Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be a primary operational contact for our configuration management and provisioning systems. In this role, the Ops Engineer will leverage his or her knowledge of puppet, foreman, and other technologies to ensure stability and consistency of all our servers across multiple software stacks. As our automation improves, the Ops Engineer will acquire additional responsibilities in other areas of our technical operations.
The DevOps team is responsible for application delivery, building automation, adhering to architectural guidelines, generating documentation, monitoring and 24/7 support of their services, and instrumenting services to measure performance metrics. Support production environments including Linux, Tomcat, SharePoint, and Windows Servers. Performing on-call duties. Proficiency configuring and managing IIS, Apache Web, and Tomcat Applications servers.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems across distributed servers and environments.
- Desire to create a fully automated platform, from provisioning, configuration and monitoring to software and application deployment.
- Experience with Linux / UNIX, scripting languages Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers, high availability architecture, zero downtime production deployments.
- Experience maintaining a continuous integration (CI) environment leveraging Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, CruiseControl, or similar platform.
- Have worked in an environment with build automation, server orchestration, and server management (i.e. puppet, chef, cobbler, kickstart, etc.).
- Technical background to understand or experience with online, consumer-facing, web-based applications.
- Experience working using agile development methodology.
- Strong written and spoken communication language skills.
- Must have experience with JSON and REST API’s.
Anywhere in the USA, Flex hours, Telecommute, Friendly work environment.
How to Apply
Send resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.